The IMTF in collaboration with the African Nutrition Society invites you to a workshop on the Communities of Practice for prevention and treatment of severe malnutrition. The workshop will be held during the VII African Nutrition and Epidemiology Conference, in Marrakech, Morocco to be held from 9th to 14th October 2016.
Aim and purpose
The aim of the event is to bring together nutritionists/food technologist/health workers to interact together by sharing experiences and techniques that they have used, which have proved to be efficient in the prevention and treatment of severe malnutrition. The purpose of this is to promote community engagement. The workshop will enable the following:
- Working together for a common good
- Networking between professionals
- Sharing of experiences
- Learning from the wrongs of others
- Adopting positive outcomes
- Sharing of resources.
Who can attend?
The workshop is open to related professionals who are working in or interested in prevention and
treatment of malnutrition, such as:
- Those who train, educate, lecture, research and are involved in policy on prevention
and treatment childhood acute malnutrition and its management
- Food scientists/technologist with interest in product development for malnutrition
- Date: Sunday 9 October 2016
- Venue: Palm Plaza Hotel, Room 2
- Time: 15:00 – 18:00
Registration is FREE but register early so what we will know who is attending and enable
planning for the event.
To register, send an email with your name, occupation and country to firstname.lastname@example.org